21 août 2007

New York

old and new exist in New York together creating a separate beauty a shifting beauty - all the new buildings are glass - glass is the theme the material of every new structure going up and here I see my old favorite signs hanging on - this city moves like memory - like loss - the last phone booth was on 57th in that subway station on 7th ave I believe - they are no more - our physical self involved with structure has shifted to lighter and lighter portable and personal - there are no public phones in Zurich except the one at the train station - so Alithea and I were at MOMA and I was looking for a pay phone I was directed to a tiny corner near the restrooms and there it was shiny and black and soon to be in a museum itself - I looked at Alithea and back at this phone and it seemed silly and huge in my hand - it's all good






Aucun commentaire: