05 août 2007

death of a painting

This painting - Healing Hands - has crumbled - some history behind this one of seven pieces this was the one standing some 7ft tall - this one had a home at Rubulad when it was in Williamsburg on 5th street - I wasn't there to save it on moving day but Miles another painter had taken to a safe house if you will where the occupants of the house had mixed feelings about it so my baby looked kind of beat up when I came to rescue it one day from this obscure location - parts were missing - It had a door attached to the canvas (I carried this HEAVY door from the train station in Jersey to my door) I remember stopping every few steps to let the blood return to my hands - this was also during the time that Soupchain was staying with me and he inspired the figure towering over the rest of the painting with her hands open - HEALING and LIGHT -there was layers of words from a book found at a booktable some of the books had collage that some playwright had done in them I think it was Orton ( not sure about name spelling but the story goes he would take books from the library and re-do them - he died ) thats another story - my favorite part of the painting is the boys face I find it haunting and beautiful - one panel is a photo of Soupchain and the rest is more found pics - It has been living in my garden in the rain and heat so we moved it to a nice spot back there and noticed the mold growing on the back - on trash it day Sasha picked it up ever so slightly and it fell apart - It was beautiful I got goosebumps just looking at the decay and how it fell how it said ciao - this is also the one Hanz painted on when he came to visit - I still have the boys face and the dollar signs Hanz sprayed on - xoxoox











1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Total Control Marketing Review- Great piece of details that you?ve received on this website article. Hope I could possibly get some a lot more of the stuff on your own web site. I will arrive again.