07 juillet 2007

Detroit

KIalynn is the daughter of my Mom's good friend in Detroit and since she has become someone in my life that I value and her little girl Myli(not sure about the spelling) was over to the house during my Mom's visit and we all shared a exchange on mother's and daughter's that allowed me to express and remember some important things - like I miss my role model whenever my mom is not taking care of herself etc it bothers me in so many ways even though I see her as her own person that connection still touches something in me - I recently started to call on women in my family going back seven generations asking them to show up - it is an amazing feeling and one that brought instant tears - i have so mauch that i want to weep about - it feels good when i tap into that deep joy and sadness it's important and holds much info for me - On Granny's last visit to New York she was radiant she never looked so beautiful to me - she was playing with Alithea and I was thinking how quick her mind is and sense of humor and of course one should age this way On their own terms - She teaches me a great deal just to See her is my honor - I take photos and draw electric outlets because they look to me like the past - I have made a project out of them for a few years now just documenting them - the idea of plugging into the wall is one that is on it's way out - We are shifting to new energy sources and the next one will be something we have no current name for and it will not be something that can be exploited but more assumed like solar but not solar










Aucun commentaire: